MENU

------------------------------------------------------

GLN's CD Design

Over the past couple years, I've had the awesome chance to work with the kick ass band The Good Luck Number.  I've been doing gig posters for them, herehere, and here. Now, I'm excited to say that they have a new CD out, and guess who they asked to do the artwork for it?  That's right, Yours Truly!

So, being as the album was to be called "Rambler" we came up with the idea of including a beautiful rambler house.  I then snuck in the second rambler there, the wandering musician. ;)  We went through a couple of different ideas for the front cover, and a few for the CD itself.  I'll post all the variations below so you can see the process, and a few of the ideas.


CD Cover!
Back of cover



CD
The poster for the CD release party! Yay!!


They turned out great.  And thanks for the signed copy, boys.



Here's a bit of the process we went through to get the final images.

This was the original sketch of the
house for the front cover. They loved
 it, but I wanted more.
So, I added some color and some details...
Then, we tried another version without the For Sale sign.
This image of the back was a hit from the start,
we just needed some real song titles, of course.  ;P
They liked this first idea for the CD,
but it didn't seem to have enough character...
I brought back the hobo for some character, but
the guys thought he was a bit dirty for their liking.
That's understandable. Hey, I had to try!
So we sat him down and put him into contemplation..
What pray-tell, do you think he's thinking?
Well, it was a fun project,
and I can't wait for the next!
Good luck, guys. You've got my number.
~Kaleb

No comments:

Post a Comment